Music Banter - View Single Post - How Should MB Be Moderated?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 07:47 AM   #99 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

^I too like the spontaneity and fun of MB and I feel that there are some strawman arguments and misapprehensions that have yet to clear up, despite all the discussion. Like rule enforcement - if it was more consistently done, it wouldn't target spontaneity and fun. It would target rule breaking.

If the community wants the freedom to break certain rules, that's a legit opinion. I think the solution then could be to change the rules so that they are rules that can be consistently excercised without killing the freedom that the community wants to protect.

You know, make the rules more lax if needed, but enforce them. It's better than having rules for show or just follow them up in some cases and not others without it being predictable to members.

To summarize, a lot of these suggestions can be implemented in a way that preserves all the current freedoms and forum culture. It would just tidy up the system a bit.

(I do want a stricter environment, but I know opinion is against me and I just wanna point out it doesn't have to be all or nothing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
You have a genuine love for MB and I see that, you want a fair place where everyone feels welcome, safe, and not a ",wasteland of spam" (TY JD I had to borrow it.), and awash in hateful comments and mind numbing arguments played out via giff, memes, one liners,& emoji. That is commendable in its own right, your approach sucked man, you were so I'm right you are wrong about it but in a polite manner it was and is infuriating. Your timing was terrible also, Urban's leaving my have inspired you to help MB to clean its act but it was IMO too soon. (What do I know anyway) I think with those two factors in play I think Soulflower, while my friend ( I do not say this lightly and have chosen my words carefully Jen don't be offended) my have unknowingly latched on to your idea and expressed her hurt feelings through your idea and it came across as vengeful and sullied your initial ideals.Calling for new mods when that isn't what was needed, a heart to heart was what was needed between her and the two mods that have issues and they should have had Yac sit in so the air could be cleared betwixt all parties.(Again my opinion.) I just want you to hear me when I say I felt pushed to completely agree with you on everything which is part of the reasons why I suggested a vote from the from the first thread and OP. When that feeling arises in me its because I'm so American it hurts and I feel honestly voting should be a way EVERYONE'S voice be heard regardless of the ideas creator being right or wrong. I like you brother, so don't take this as bash on you as a person, I would never dream of doing that, rather a bash of your delivery and timining.Thank you for your effort man, I give a **** about this place and its members and I don't want to see it pissed away so I'll always respect you for that even if we disagree from time to time.

And that's all I have to say about that........
Thanks Roxy