Music Banter - View Single Post - Planktons - What The Hell Am I Listening To?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 11:30 AM   #39 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Skrillex Killed My Sub Woofer

It started out as a typical Tuesday night, get home from work, pop a cold one, and look to one of the many projects I have going on, or call a friend to find something to do until I pass out at my conditioned bedtime, which is around 10pm. So, it turns out that my good friend who I terrorize the neighborhood with on our mini-bikes, dirt bikes, go-carts, and quads, is leaving for Hog Rock that evening. So I head down the street to have a few beers before he ventures out to the land of granny tit's and STD's. It's toward the end of the evening, he's just left, and I'm feeling a bit hungry, so I decide to head to Wendy's for some grub. Now, I had just purchased a new car stereo, complete with a 1200w amp, and a paired single sub woofer, which bangs pretty hard. In the days that followed my purchase, I had been looking for some good tunes with a lot of bass play, and of course some tunes with the obligatory bass drop. I went through Crystal Method, some Dirty Vegas (I'm still catching up from the late 90's/00's), and a few assorted others, like Bassnectar, Flux Pavilion, and Flinch (thanks to aux-in, and Vanilla), and found my way to Skrillex. Everything had been going fine, good deep bass, hard hitting drops, and all the goodness that goes with it. It was my journey to Wendy's that turned everything around.

I had gone to to Wendy's the night before and a strange thing happened when I placed my order. The lady at the window seemed to take forever to give me my card back that night, and when I glanced in the window to see what was going on, I saw another employee hand her my card. I immediately thought 'credit card scam', but I wasn't completely sure, so I figured I'd wait and see, which brings us back around to Tuesday night.

I get to Wendy's, place my order, and when they ran my card, it was declined. I knew something was up right there. So, I go home, check my balance on-line, and see that there's plenty of cash, and I'm friggin starving by now, so I placed an order for pizza. Card declined. I go to the ATM. Card declined. So, now I'm forced to dig for some change, and make my way back to Wendy's. On the way, I decide, "Hey, I'll check out some of this Skrillex". Bangarang was pumpin hard. Real hard. I was getting a back message, and my ears felt like they were gonna pop. I smelled something burning... the smell of fried electronics. I thought, "Hmmm... the sub must be breaking in or something from the load of all that bass". Nope. Next thing you know, all I have playing are the door speakers and dash tweeters. I pull over, check things out, and found that my fears were in fact true. Blown sub. So, now I have no money, my sub is blown, and I have a belly full of nitrates, and fillers. Nothing I could do about any of it at that point. My only option... sleep.

**** Skrillex.