Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 11:02 AM   #19851 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
10%. I said this. Or 15% if the service was really outstanding. And yes I realize waitresses/waiters/etc work for the tips rather than the paycheck. I've seen it happen that after taxes a waiter's paycheck is like $2.35 or something like that. I have seen that. What I was saying that if you a) can't get my order right after multiple tries; b) can't manage to bring simple drinks in a timely fashion; c) can't bring some napkins, etc, why am I going to tip you?

Case in point:
I was at Chili's on a Tuesday and they were exceptionally busy for a Tuesday night and they were short handed. Okay I understand that, however, there was only three of us, and we ordered three sweet teas to drink and so we'd have time to decide. Not really an overtly complicated drink order. It took us an HOUR to get our teas and for the waiter to come back to take our order. Then I ordered a steak medium-well, first one I got was sired (barely) and raw on the inside completely. So I sent it back and the next steak I got was burnt to a crisp. So I sent it back and I got a cheese burger in return. It took 45 minutes for the feller to bring us some napkins for the fairly messy wings we had.

Did he get a tip? Sure. Learn to do his fucking job. (And the entire meal was comped.)
Waiters don't make the food. If it takes a long time for your order to come out, don't blame them.
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote