Music Banter - View Single Post - The Sexual Experience Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 02:55 PM   #10772 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Why do people do this?? Maybe that scared her.

Just because someone tells you they want to know everything there is still some stuff you gotta ease on them. You can't go around confessing some insane desire for every girl you date a couple months and really enjoy spending time with. Enjoy fucking, talking, having a good time together. Don't sit and be each other's therapist. Complain about your day and how your parents pissed you off or the dick you have to work with, not how you were locked in a closet as a child and it makes you resent your parents.

^I'm not saying you did any of this Seq, this is just a general critique of relationships.
I don't have any experience with this in romantic relationships, but I can definitely agree with this in general. When you have a relationship based around trauma bonding (swapping stories about how much both your lives suck, usually while drunk at two in the morning), it just becomes a mutually one-sided, parasitic arrangement, where both parties are more concerned with someone else validating their own issues than actually connecting with each other.

This also has the side effect of both of you quasi-passive aggressively trying to one-up each other with how ****ed up both your stories are. If the other person's life sucks more than yours does, then you don't get to be validated, since you got it easy, right?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote