Music Banter - View Single Post - guns
Thread: guns
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Default guns

this is what i think about guns

basically i think guns are cool and you can kill people with them and they make loud noises and **** and you look gangster when you're holding one. so i think guns should be allowed.

but since it's a society, i feel you need to have rules. and since it's a highly complex, high-tech society, i feel you need to basically have a pretty robust surveillance state. so i honestly think that guns should be tracked more accurately. i think the major problems with guns in america could be clamped down on if there were simply more accountability for owning a gun.

my thought is... they should make a database so that any time anyone buys a gun. their name and info goes into this database and is linked with the serial number of that weapon. and they should do a basic ballistics fingerprint on each gun sold so that if someone turns up shot, they can look at the fingerprint and search the database for the gun that matches that fingerprint. then the database can link that gun to its legal owner.

now, i know there's some registration involved in purchasing guns in america but i don't think there's a national database, cause i think the NRA rallies against that idea pretty heavily. i could be wrong. correct me if i am.

but i think that if you had it set up so there was a single national entity that was responsible for monitoring the distribution of arms in the country, and this entity managed that database, it could work something like this.

when a store buys a gun from a manufacturer, it enters the system as a registered weapon. then the store is responsible for maintaining that weapon in the system until it is purchased by someone else. then, the gun is updated in the system under the customer's name. the owner of the gun is then obligated to check in with the registry office every few years or so, with the physical weapon in hand, to verify they still maintain ownership of it and the serial number still matches etc.

if the gun is stolen/lost, they have the legal responsibility to report that to the registry office as soon as possible. multiple instances of lost/stolen weapons from one individual would raise a red flag and trigger the security state to start investigating that person.

the reason i say all this is cause to my understanding, the main issue is illegal guns which leak from the legal market to the illegal market and then get sold to criminals. if you had a system where someone was always held accountable for maintaining possession of a weapon from the point of manufacturing it to its destruction... it's kind of hard to imagine how criminals would get around this system to get guns without a) smuggling them in from other countries or b) manufacturing them illegally. so yea.. you'd still the police to fight against these means of criminals obtaining weapons... but you'd at least significantly reduce their task of managing illegal weapons since you at least narrowed down the inflow of new illegal weapons to these two sources.

thoughts....? 是否有任何身体护理?
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote