Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 08:39 PM   #153 (permalink)
Key

I'm sure by now, most of us or all of us have heard the unfortunate news about Christopher Lee and his passing earlier this morning. And seeing as I am focusing on Star Wars related things in this journal this month, I felt it was appropriate for me to at least pay him a tribute for being a part in one of my all time favorite things in the world, video game or not.

First off, let's talk about his role as probably one of my favorite sith in the Star Wars movies and games...

Count Dooku

Christopher Lee played as Count Dooku and made appearances in Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. Say whatever you want to say about those movies, but you cannot argue with me about how good of a role this was for Christopher Lee. He made the part. The sound of his deep voice mixed with his menacing black cloak just made you feel as if you were in the presence of a dark lord.

Although Count Dooku appeared in the Star Wars video games, his character was voiced by Jeff Bennett in Jedi Starfighter, as well as other voices for other games. But, I will always think of Christopher Lee as Dooku regardless of the voice actor.

Probably one of my favorite moments of Count Dooku in II and III has to go to this scene right here:

To see a sith lord fail to the point that leads Anakin to chop his head off, is powerful. There are several other moments in the movies that were worth it just due to Christopher Lee being in them, but I don't want to fill this post up with youtube videos.

Anyway, long story short, I am deeply saddened by this news. Christopher Lee brought a lot to the table and from what I can tell, he had a very fulfilling life. I mean, living to 93 is as fulfilling as it can get when you're an actor as legendary as him. It's a shame we will never see him in any new movies, but the movies he was in will live on forever to be some of his finest works as an actor.

Rest well, Dooku.