Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Album Survivor [1st Wave Black Metal Division]
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 12:58 AM   #1136 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I guess it's also like explaining to JWB why it's not cool to use fallacies. No matter how specific you get with your obviously correct reasoning, they'll still find some half assed way to write it off. To each their own, I listed all the things I loved about it an you simply retorted by saying those reasons are why you hate Primus. Kind of lazy img, but still, your opinion is still your own. Just know that my own is better than yours. I still love pretty much all of the other bands on the list apart from Deftones and Katatonia, but talking **** on Primus (which translates to first, as in first on the lists of bests, as in the best on this list. Pure logic, don't deny it) either you being petty or you revealing your ****e taste.

And no answer to my initial question? I assumed that it's no, but I figured I wouldn't try to be the TH to your Office Space and find out for sure, because the three bands in question really do attract similar audiences and I want to find out for sure why your opinion is so wrong.
I don't like Primus because I find them to be boring. I really don't care to dissect why. Until the day in which I decide that I no longer find them to be boring, I will continue to be disinterested in figuring out ways to say how they bore me. Why you seem to think I owe you an explanation, I can only assume to be down to your desire to appear superior and artsy fartsy. Kind of implies a superficial sense of self-esteem if you ask me.

In fact, I honestly think I would rather listen to Metal Machine Music than Primus. I can listen to MMM as background noise, which is something I can't do with something as intrusively annoying as Primus, and I have also decided that MMM is oddly pretty.

And no, I haven't listened to Beefheart or the Residents yet. I did listen to Safe as Milk about a million years ago (three or four) and remember liking it, but other than that, no.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote