Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 06:31 AM   #669 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post

Title: Ege Bamyasi
Artiste: Can
Genre: Krautrock
Familiarity: Zero

Track 1(Hate) Not mad about this; it's a little formless, almost like a jam. Just goes nowhere really. Nine minutes of pointless noodling. Meh.
Track 2(Love) A world better. This has a real melody I can grab, and it's a ballad.
Track 3(Love) Yeah, this has a real cool laidback vibe. Like it a lot. The low-key singing is great.
Track 4(Love) Like this too; feel edges of Waters Floyd and bits of Supertramp from this. After a slow start this has really started to impress me.
Track 5(Hate) This one's a real hard rocker. It gets annoying in the sixth minute though, right up to the end. Revising this from original rating.
Track 6(Love) That was okay. Just okay.
Track 7(Love) Catchy, not at all bad.

End result: Not bad but not as good as I had been led to expect. Parts of it just were not for me at all. But okay overall.

So, Love or Hate? Didn't hate it so I guess Love

Chances of a full review: 1/10
Can are one of those bands which are deceptively easy to like (or dismiss as not particularly interesting), but there's an incredible amount of subtle magic going on, that is very difficult to grasp.
It took me years to like them, but they became one of my absolute favourites ever since.
(Not saying you should be trying for years as well, just a commentary.)