Music Banter - View Single Post - Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire) The Fantasy Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 12:47 PM   #961 (permalink)
Overcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
This show has exhausted my patience. They used to actually build up to these kind of things (INCLUDING the Red Wedding), now they're just coming out of nowhere and it's stupid and desperate.
Spoiler for season 5 episode 10 spoilers:
They 'built up' to Jon's death by creating all the controversy with the Wildings vs. Night's watch and with Olly and Thorne. I was surprised that Thorne actually did it. I knew he was a prick, but I didn't know he was a complete prick. Also, **** Olly. The whole thing really makes no sense. The white walker army takes priority over some stupid issue with the Wildings. The end result just turns all the Night's Watch who killed him into pure villains and takes out a man who was massively important to the plot. As far as Stannis goes, I doubt he's dead. I'm not sure why it wasn't shown on screen, but I'm also not sure why they'd keep him alive. It felt too odd to just kill him there in such a bleh way after seasons of following him. Weird how Ellaria was allowed to just kiss Myrcella right after trying to kill her and while being known for poison. I'm interested to see a pissed off Jaime next season any how. So much chaos everywhere on the map I'm not sure what's going to happen at all at this point.

I'm guessing that Melisandre is at the wall for a reason. Maybe since she's a red priest she will be able to revive Jon like Thoros of Myr revived Beric Dondarrion, or perhaps something else. I doubt Jon would just be COMPLETELY killed off for some shock-value fueled by blatant idiot plot. Who knows though.
Overcast is offline   Reply With Quote