Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 01:21 PM   #23457 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Institute - Demo [EP] (2013)
Institute - Salt [EP] (2014)
After enjoying Institute's Catharsis last week, I checked out their two EPs on Spotify and dug them so much I purchased them on vinyl, and ordered the limited edition of Catharsis from Sacred Bones. Great band. I thought the Demo 12" would be hard to find but after looking it up on Discogs, I noticed one copy was being sold by a local shop so I went there to pick it up. They also have a 7" called Giddy Boys with 3 excellent tracks that I downloaded.

mewithoutYou - Pale Horses (2015)
Pre-ordered this on limited edition vinyl and the MP3s came though last week. I've only played it twice so far but I like it better than their previous two, so that's a good thing. The last one, Ten Stories, was a welcome shift back to their harder style after the church campfire-friendly It's All Crazy! It's All False! It's All a Dream! It's Alright, but this feels more like a return to form. Not as heavy as their first two albums, but more on par with Brother, Sister - without being as good since that's basically their best. So essentially, I'd call this one their fourth best out of 6. Not bad.

Sauna Youth - Distractions (2015)
Just finished streaming this one on Spotify. I added their 2012 album Dreamlands to my queue recently and then this new release from last week caught my eye. Seemed like a good place to start listening to music today, and I enjoyed it the blend of indie rock and punk.