Music Banter - View Single Post - Whats your take on Christian music?
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 05:49 PM   #36 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

^ Well done, DriveYourCar ! I was wondering why everyone was so focused on modern music, especially when what Roxy says is so often the case:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
I don't understand the lack of creativity when it comes to non secular music. It always strikes me as a slap in the face to God. Supreme being, mediocre praise though song, the math there adds up wrong. One would think they'd put a bit more effort or muse into music made as an act of worship.
For exhaulted, inspirational music in praise of their God, I think Christians did it better in the past. For instance, while all those Gothic cathedrals were being built in Europe, the German nun Hildegard von Bingen was writing devotional songs that are still performed today. Some of them are collected on an album called, "A Feather on the Breath of God"; nine hundred years later and her songs are still selling!That's quite an acheivement for a woman, and quite an album title too.

Meanwhile, back in the modern world, Phil Keaggy is also a very devout Christian songwriter. Not sure if his music will still be selling in 900 years though:-
http://www.musicbanter.com/jazz-blue...il-keaggy.html