Music Banter - View Single Post - legit question concerning polls in general
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 08:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

I think a lot of the functions are already written within the forum code. I think it's highly unlikely that any thing new would be added.

There are a few things I seen asked that never materialized. Take emoticons for example, I have yet to see any new emoticons to be added, despite it being talked a couple of times (by members other than myself). I've seen some members ask things that MB use to have like Blogs to be reopened — only for them to remain closed.

Another thing, if there was an "any reply could be a poll" function, I could see is that it would be abused to make non-sense polls. Instead of using gifs, they would use polls to ask rhetorical questions just to be cheeky or sarcastic.

I think for now the best thing to do is make a poll in the lounge forum sub-section, Games, Lists, Jokes and Polls, and then provide a link to it. Or ask a mod to make add a poll to a thread if it didn't have one to begin with.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote