Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 09:12 AM   #164 (permalink)
Key

It's time for...a top 10 countdown of what I consider to be the top 10 weapons in Star Wars video games. This will be a two part series, so make sure to read both to get the full experience.

Bao-Dur's guardian droid aka Remote

A bit of a mouth full I know, but I can't tell you how many times I was actually saved in battle with Remote throwing in some shots at the enemy. It's not the strongest or even close to the strongest form of weaponry in the game, but to have something that can lay a few extra shots on an enemy to eventually kill them and save the team is certainly worth mentioning.

Bastila's double bladed lightsaber

You can't tell me that the minute you realized you could control Bastila with her lightsaber, that you didn't automatically decide to use her as your primary character for the rest of the planet. I sure did. Something felt empowering when you were finally able to see what it was like to use a lightsaber in game. I'm actually quite certain that in the KOTOR series, Bastila's lightsaber is the first time you actually get to use a character that wields a lightsaber, at least until you finally get your own.

Ebon Hawk's turret

Yes, yet anothe reason the love the Ebon Hawk, the turret. There are a few times where you get to sit in the seat of the turret and blast the enemy away whether it's ground battle or air. Definitely one of the cooler parts of having the Ebon Hawk to your disposal. I don't know how I feel about the ways you use the turret, but they definitely added a bit of something different to the game.

Mines

I think some of the most fun that I had in the KOTOR games was figuring out how to strategically place mines and luring the enemy into them. The best part about it is the enemy that you were luring toward you really had no clue there were mines in front of them, and suddenly you see the mines explode, and the enemy falls over and dies. Instant satisfaction.

Grenades

Grenades are simply awesome. Especially when you have a lot of them. I can't say I would rely on them too much mostly because it seems like in certain situations, they're either completely useless because the enemy keeps healing themselves, or they're ridiculously OP because the enemy doesn't realize you're trying to fight them. I will say that in difficult situations, i've found myself just throwing grenade after grenade and the enemy didn't even think to look around to see someone throwing them.