Music Banter - View Single Post - Quintessential Listening
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 12:38 PM   #22 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I understand what it feels like to have to go on defensive because someone called out your thread for being bad. It's a hard thing to go through. But at least show some dignity and refrain from passive aggressive ****posts like that where you drop a Van Halen album and think you're making a point.

And yes one should expect people to be unbiased when making lists about albums that ALL music listeners should try rather than people who are obsessed with finding the next most-weird thing out there. I don't see my way of listening to music as the objective "best" way...but you do, so that's why your lists are just terrible and borderline insulting in this context.
I'd say that being a die hard music fan is also about trying to explore different, often obscure genres and if someone posts albums that are essential for those genres there's nothing wrong with that. And certainly nothing to feel borderline insulted by. It's not like hip-hop, jazz, classical, hard rock, psychedelic rock, several kinds of metal and some other very unobscure genres haven't been represented here.