Music Banter - View Single Post - South Carolina shooting
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 01:13 PM   #45 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
The OK bombing was 20 years ago.

The dude killed everyone but left one woman alive so he could spread his creed. "This is about a white on black war." Spread the word.

That's terrorism.
Not saying it's not a terrorist attack, but to your average American, race-related crimes are thought of as hate crimes, and not terrorism, so characterizing it as somehow racist to not call it terrorism is misleading on the part of the person who wrote that article, quite possibly intentionally.

And I'm not particularly concerned with calling it terrorism in the first place. It qualifies as terrorism in the strict sense, but calling it terrorism also links it in people's minds to the kind of organized, wide-scale violence perpetrated but Islamic extremists and the IRA. Lone wolf nut jobs aren't really the same thing.

Even isolated incidents by Islamic lone wolfs/small groups are part of a larger narrative of Islamic terrorism, as many of these groups outspokenly advocate individual action, with some success I might add, whereas there really isn't the same kind of thing going on with most racist groups. I know some do advocate individual acts of violence, but they have so little influence that they're almost entirely irrelevant.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote