Music Banter - View Single Post - Quintessential Listening
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 01:23 PM   #36 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Should listen to, not must. Ffs people just contribute to the thread instead of bitching about it.
Come on man, stop putting words in my mouth. I referenced the 1001 albums as an example of people deciding what constitutes a list of what people should listen to. I know nobody said MUST, after all you can't force people to listen to something they don't want to. But look at your OP objectively:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
What albums do you think that are required listening for someone to call themselves a die hard music fan? It doesn't necessarily have to be albums that the heads like, but albums that are important enough (or should be) in the music world that they warrant at least one listen.
That clearly gives the impression that unless people listen to the albums you list, they're not considered in your view proper music fans, and that's what I have a problem with. If you'd just left out the "die hard music fan" bit that would have been ok, but you're making an elitist statement here and being arrogant, even if you can't see it.

For the benefit of the thread though, essential listening for me would be
Dark Side of the Moon, Born to Run, Hotel California, Zep IV, Bat out of Hell, Number of the Beast or Piece of Mind or Powerslave, Irish Tour 74 by Rory Gallagher, Rumours, Foxtrot, Small Change and Rain Dogs.