Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 11:07 PM   #169 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
So, let's start off with the older games, like Dark Forces, Dark Forces II and the like. It's really simple....really. When I played those games back when I bought them, I basically bought them because I thought it'd be cool to have them as a part of my library, that and they were all on sale as a pack of sorts, so I just had to have them. I read reviews, I saw that people rating these games fairly well, and they were apparently "must haves" in anyones collection. Unfortunately, I can't really say I felt that during my time of playing them, which wasn't long to be fair. Probably the only one that got a significant amount of play time from me was Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. The game is great. It's simple, it's fun, and it's a good game overall, however...i'm just not a fan of playing games that feel aged when playing them from the get go. I know, that's a stupid thing to say, and I realize that I could be having a lot of fun playing them if I could just get past the fact that they feel aged. But, playing video games is all about getting enjoyment out of the game you play, and I really don't feel like I get very much enjoyment out of these games. However, in the long run, I really don't regret buying them, because I know that down the line, i'll install them again and play them all for hours and enjoy the heck out of them. So, don't lose hope in me yet, i've got time to correct my error ways.
Dude, you get to play as a Jedi in first-person and in real time (i.e. not in a turn-based RPG). Don't be a ****.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.