Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 05:05 PM   #171 (permalink)
Key

Star Wars Episode 1: Racer

It occurred to me that throughout this entire month, i've only pointed out a few things about Star Wars Episode 1: Racer, but I haven't really talked about it truly in depth, and i'm still not going to. However, I feel like I do need to make an entry about this game specifically.

This game, not being the first Star Wars based game I ever played, is still one of the more enjoyable games I had played growing up. I have fond memories of playing this game with my younger brother and seeing how mad he'd get when I beat him. To be fair though, he made up for it by being way better at the harder races than I was. But again, I wasn't really hugely into games at that age, so what's done is done.

Probably one of my favorite parts of the game, isn't necessarily about the racing, but it's more about the fact that the game allowed you to sort of "mod" your racer to be better than everyone else.

Basically, throughout the races and the game itself, you were able to upgrade a character so that their traction / top speed / etc were getting better. From what I can remember, I think the prices kept going up the further you got into the game, which would make sense. Whether or not that's true I can't really say. I just remember trying to make my favorite character as fast as possible, because I really didn't know what the other stuff was. If I were to play the game now, i'd probably do a lot better.

Another neat little thing that I liked was again....not the races:

Watto

Yes, having Watto in this game is amazing. I remember sitting at the screen where he sat at the 'bar' and would hear him humming the Cantina music, which you can hear at:

I don't know if you'd consider that an easter egg, but it's still silly nonetheless.

Only reason I didn't really want to talk about the racing aspect of the game, is because it's obviously the main point of the game, and I feel like i'd just be talking about nothing.