Music Banter - View Single Post - Tips On Buying A New Car
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 11:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Why?

Trucks are useful. You can use them to bring objects from one place to another that you wouldn't be able to in a sedan in multiple trips.
They're big. You can see over other traffic. And if you're a defensive driver, this is a pretty awesome thing, as you can see what's happening down the road instead of only being able to see nothing more than the license plate of the Honda Civic hatchback in front of you.
Fullsize pickups usually have good, powerful engines. Being able to accelerate quickly is not a showmanship, but a tool when needed.
They can pull other vehicles out of the mud/ditch.
They can drive in high water and over obstacles with ease.
And they're not hard to park. You just need to learn how to back into parking spaces. If you can't back into a tight spot between two other vehicles after a few times of trying, your problem isn't the truck.

I guess there's the whole "eww truck, you must be a redneck douchebag" factor, which means absolutely nothing regarding why someone should choose a certain vehicle or not. I'd say the only actual reasons to not get one are the gas mileage considerations. Other than that, they're really useful.

Source: Own a fullsize pickup. Will never go back to small cars unless I end up living in Europe again, solely because there's just no space for trucks there.
Good lord, it was just a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Because he's looking to buy a car. A truck would undermine that effort.
See? Batty gets it.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote