Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 03:46 PM   #866 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Ok, guys listen up. I said this in the OP but it seems some of you are (whether in earnest or not) intent on taking the piss, so here it is again:

Do NOT, I repeat NOT recommend me albums you KNOW I will hate, just to see me suffer. Batty is in charge of the Torture Chamber and it doesn't reopen until October, so anyone DELIBERATELY reccing me an album they know I'll hate, this is what will happen.

1. I won't listen to it
2. You'll get a warning not to to that again, and your recs will be treated from that point out with extreme suspicion and may be moved to the end of the queue
3. If you do it again after that, then I will accept NO further recs from you at all.

Do I make myself clear? I know this is all in fun and I'm really enjoying the thread, but it is a lot of work, and to know I was wasting time listening to something even Frownland might scream at is just annoying and a waste of valuable time I could be using listening to a proper rec. Merzbow aside: I asked for that. But even Frown recommended the Caretaker thinking I might hate it but hoping I might like it; he didn't do it with a sly wink and a snigger, knowing I would get nothing out of it.

So once again: if you think I may hate an album but there's a chance in your mind I may like it, rec away, but if you KNOW I'm going to hate it (and from what I've displayed of my tastes over the year you should by now have a half-decent idea of what I like and don't, and what I might like and what I will always be sure to hate) then just don't bother. That's not what I'm here for, and that's not what this thread is intended as.

And anyone who even tries to recommend me a boxset, well, I'm sure I don't need to tell you where you can go, do I?
You might have misunderstood me. Tilt is nowhere near Merzbow territory, it's just a very acquired taste imho. You might actually enjoy it. I once showed some Scott Walker to my grandma and she thought it was at least interesting.