Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 08:55 AM   #3431 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
True Detective

So I watched the season 2 premiere last night and while it was a solid effort with a lot going for it, they seemed to have put the mystery on hold for this episode to instead focus on our 3 miserable protagonists. There was some real nice cinematography going on and I loved the dirty and industrialized view of California that you so rarely see. The acting was top notch and the writing was HBO caliber and I suspect this will help reestablish the careers of Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell and maybe even finally launch Taylor Kitsch into something worth a damn. Story wise, it was a little predictable and by saving the crime scene that brings the 3 protagonists together till the very end did help build intrigue for later episodes, but for an opener it didn't leave much to chew on besides guessing why all 3 main characters are so fucked up and who will be redeemed by the end of the series. I'm really hoping for a continuation of the Lovecraftian horror elements and themes from season 1 though, and we really didn't get that in last nights episode.

All that being said, there's a moment where Colin Farrell's character is beating the shit out of a 12 year old kid's dad right in front of him and says that he'll "butt fuck his dad with his moms headless corpse". To me that's worth the price of admission alone.
Wait, what?! Apparently I've been asleep.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote