Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 07:36 AM   #32693 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
I've never seen one without those modifications. Glad you aren't gonna do that to your new pup, it's bullshit.
Apparently cropping and docking was originally done to protect the dog at work. But people liked the way the dogs looked with the modifications and so the practice continued. I guess they look more menacing with the pricked ears, I don't know. My old Dobie had cropped ears and while I do like the way it looks, there's no practical reason for it (that I can find). Her tail was natural though - a beautiful long tail.

Natural ears are almost like a Labrador's ears. Floppy but not obnoxiously large like those of a Bassett Hound or something:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You should pierce his left ear though. Give him a skull earing. Make him look like badass, junkyard dog.
LOL! He/she is going to be a badass dog no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnaught View Post
Those sad little tail numbs are so weird and unattractive on dogs. I can't imagine why anyone would elect to do that to their pet.
I've since learned that it is done because the tails are thin and break/get injured very easily. Since they love to wag their tails more than any other dog I've seen, I can understand why it's done. But we never had issues with my other dog who had a natural tail. We were also careful and trained her not to wag her tail like a maniac all the time.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote