Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Album Reviews
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 01:48 PM   #62 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Frownland --- cloudcover --- 2013 (Self-released)

[...]The next track features, I'm told, Bryan on vocals, and he does a great job on "Diluted", in which the Hero begins to become a little paranoid as he sees spies everywhere, sure that he's being watched, that his secret is known. It's clear that he's either working against the Party now, or thinking about doing so. There's a good heavy guitar melody carrying the song, and it's an uptempo rhythm with again great vocal harmonies and of course a certain sense of paranoia [...]
I definitely feel "Diluted" is the strongest song on the album Frownland by cloudcover: cloudcover

The melody has a sweet sadness to it and I like the vocal harmony. I also like the song structure. The song builds in intensity from the somber verses to the more upbeat prechorus, culminating in the ethereal chorus, where the lyric "Some days" is sung with beautiful vocal harmony.

The song also has a satisfying overlap of sounds: the gritty electric guitar intro, the frenetic drumming with a punk vibe, the twangy electric guitar solos, the funky electronic sounds. The song "Diluted" reminds me a little of my favorite song by Polvo, "Time isn't on my side."

Good job, guys. I recommend you make a Youtube video of "Diluted," since I do think it is your strongest, most accessible song and it isn't currently on your Youtube channel.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote