Music Banter - View Single Post - Whaddya want?!
Thread: Whaddya want?!
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 05:01 PM   #62 (permalink)
TechnicLePanther
and the livin' is easy...

Get ready for part 2!

Album: Metal Acoustic Music
Artist: Merzbow
Genre: Noise
Suggested by: grindy
Familiarity: Did a bit of research in the meantime, and after hearing some of his other songs, I'm a bit scared.

There's only one song, and it's called Balance of Neurosis. So, I'm gonna just lob all of this into one. Here it goes:

Heard the first ten seconds and paused. I just can't do this anymore. Nah, jk. It actually sounds pretty cool. Let me guess, this is the entire album. There's basically a bunch of tapping noises. And that's about it, besides some guitar. Exciting... Alright, gonna try to condense this into ten minutes. Alright, skip. Wait, what's happening... Am I... enjoying this? Yeah, actually. This is some cool stuff. Maybe it's just that listening to so much prog has desensitized me to random noise going on forever. This is the kind of stuff you trip too. Lots of guitar in there. I think if you can tolerate sitting down for 40 minutes, or if you have nothing better to do, you might enjoy listening to this album. It's certainly not boring, and there's some weird beautiful attraction to it. Can't wait for his "doom metal" phase. Alright, this song is really weird, but it's also pretty dang cool. Fun. Funfunfunfunfunfunfunfun. FUNFUNFUBNFUNFUNFUN!FUN!FUN!FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! Alright, I'm just typing random s*** at this point. You have to sort of zone out and not pay attention to it- WTF is that?!!!?! Is that... Merzbow? Alright, so now he's rambling into a mic. There is something good about this, but I can't really pinpoint it. Gotta just be the mixing. It's mixed so well. Anyways, it's really just guitar and random noise. There's no other way to describe this album. Listen to it if you like experimental rock or noise rock. You'll probably enjoy it. For me, it's a
OVERALL RATING: 7/10

SUGGEST ME AN ALBUM - I'm probably not going to listen to it but I will if you bother me enough.
TechnicLePanther is offline   Reply With Quote