Music Banter - View Single Post - The Prog & Psychedelic Rock Recommendations Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 06:13 PM   #152 (permalink)
Somnidelius
Groupie

You gotta check out Morgan Delt: Very experimental and surreal sound!!

Other modern Psychedlic bands: Urban Nomad (strong Jazz-influence), Wired Mind (album: "Mindstate: Dreamscape"), Teleharmonium, Naam, Melody's Echo Chamber

Modern Psychedelic-Bands, who modernise the sound of The Beatles, The Doors and The Beach Boys are "Tame Impala" (okay, I know, everybody already knows them) and "Temples". You gotta listen to the Temples-album called "Sun Structures" and Tame Impalas "Lonerism".

For those who rather prefer the original psychedelic-sound of the 70ies and want to discover some rather unknown, but quite experimental artists fo this time:
Cosmic Eye (very experimental, but only instrumental), Plat Du Jour, Sweet Smoke (psychedelic Blues- and Jazz-Mix), Igra Staklenih Perli (singing occures very seldom in their songs, but the insturmental parts are veeeery veeery very experimental, beautiful und spacy!!!), Steven Morgen (unbelievable psyche-guitar-solos), Fuzzy Duck (rather Progressive-Rock than psychedelic-Rock), Ultimate Spinach

I think these are enough inspirations for some good moony experimental Psyche-music :-D . All artists and albums I listed here can be found on youtube.

Last edited by Somnidelius; 06-25-2015 at 10:36 AM.
Somnidelius is offline   Reply With Quote