Music Banter - View Single Post - Sad, melancholic, depressive music
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 06:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
wildrose
Groupie

Default Sad, melancholic, depressive music

So, I'm a big fan of sad songs, because I think sadness is one of the most powerful feeling there is, and music with a lot of feeling is just plain beautiful to me.
But sadly enough, I don't know that many bands who make that kind of music that I really like. I really like Radiohead, and Placebo, Sophia (acoustic with vocals) , Three days grace ( so-so, I'm a bit outgrowing that kind of music) , Bon Iver, Damien Rice, Love like birds, I will I swear (both kinda slow music with piano and beautiful vocals)

Music that is only instrumental can be very beautiful, like for example Ludovico einaudi which I really like, and Yann Tiersen. But there's also lots of other bands in that genre of music that is too long and sounds slow for me. So giving me bands who make music with vocals would be safer maybe.
I know that this is hard to explain and that everyone has another idea of what slow music is. But I can only try.

I don't like metal most of the time, so black metal is not the stuff I am talking about. Psychedelic rock like Radiohead would be good, or beautiful piano music with maybe a violin (Such a beautiful instrument) and vocals ofcourse.
I am also a big fan of acoustic guitar. And I like the band Lamb, they actually make some sad songs. That's why Trip hop is welcome.

Hope you guys can help me. Apologies for the bad english.
(I put this topic in the category "Indie & alternative" because I mostly like alternative bands, so alternative bands who make depressive songs are always welcome)

Last edited by wildrose; 06-24-2015 at 07:02 PM.
wildrose is offline   Reply With Quote