Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 10:47 PM   #179 (permalink)
Key

Everything Good About...

I'm pretty sure it's obvious by now that I find the Star Wars Battlefront series to be nothing short of amazing. Granted, I can't really give my opinion on the 3rd game right now, I know from experience that the first 2 games are certainly great. And here's why...

Environments

Or "level design" whatever you'd prefer to call it. The Battlefront series has never done a bad job at making sure you're submersed into the Star Wars universe while simultaneously allowing you to blow the crap our of enemy robots and other creatures in the star wars universe. For example...

I mean, what is more awesome than knowing that at any point in your game, you can potentially be thrown, or fall into a Sarlacc pit? There's nothing better than that I tell you!

The general map selection in the two games is also nothing short of amazing. I mean, you get to choose from Tattoine, Kashyyyk, Naboo, Hoth, and so many more, and this is all in the name of battle.

Character selection

Between the two existing Battlefront games, I think it's good to mention the fact that there is a pretty good selection of characters to choose from depending on what side you're playing for. For instance, you can choose to play as a clone trooper or a B1 battle droid or a Clone Sharpshooter, and so many more. And of course you can get the chance to play as either a jedi or a sith, which is honestly a really cool added bonus. It's a lot of fun trying out different classes to find the right one that fits your play style. Granted, I haven't played the game in a while, so I can't imagine it would be too hard to play as any character, but I have been proven wrong before.

GIANT ROBOTS!!!

What could possibly be better than having the opportunity to pilot a ship and take down a giant robot walker? Nothing! This is obviously from the gameplay from the upcoming Battlefront, but I wanted to include it because it just looks so awesome.

As it's been mentioned before, I really do have a special place for these games. I think they were one of the first games I played that allowed for people to face off against each other in star wars battle. I used to always play the campaign and try to act all cool with my quick scopes etc etc, but obviously games have evolved since then, and i'm sure it's not as easy to do that now, nor will it be as easy to do that in the upcoming title. As I have mentioned as well, I'm really hoping the upcoming title is good, the series deserves a great 3rd installment.