Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 02:36 PM   #1075 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
@ Frownland, without fighting with you I would like to say this: I've listened to (even if I've pretty much hated) everything you've thrown at me, and if you can go on at length about how some guy banging two cups together while another yodels the Canadian national anthem backwards in Swahili is music, then why is it you can't acknowledge the intricacy of a Mark Kelley keyboard solo, the haunting quality of a Steve Rothery guitar interlude or even the fragile beauty of Hogarth's vocals? Why is it you refuse to rate Marillion when they quite obviously make music (perhaps music you don't like but still) when I'm being so open-minded here?

The question I have to ask now, is this: are you becoming the new Trollheart?
What? I've heard their music and it's music that I don't like. You can be as intricate as all hell and still have a ****ty outcome. Not all of their stuff makes me want to stab my eardrums out tbh, Chula played part of one of their albums that wasn't horrible but still pretty meh.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote