Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 02:47 PM   #1076 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
What? I've heard their music and it's music that I don't like. You can be as intricate as all hell and still have a ****ty outcome. Not all of their stuff makes me want to stab my eardrums out tbh, Chula played part of one of their albums that wasn't horrible but still pretty meh.
Which one?
But you see, if that's your take on Marillion why are you surprised at how I receive your John Cage/Zorn etc? Like, I don't feel that's music I like, and yet you kind of look down on me for not liking it. But it just proves that not everyone will like everything you do. I would be really happy if you would take the time to listen to one Marillion album, just so I could hear your thoughts on it. I know I'm a prog head and so it's inevitable I would like them, but I don't honestly think they've released one bad album (other than Somewhere else) and I'd be interested as to where your dislike of them stems from? People here are always asking me "But why don't you like, say, Throbbing Gristle?" and then laughing about how I can't appreciate this kind of music. So, what is it that you don't like about Marillion? Seriously? The lyrics? The long keyboard solos? The vocals? Non-usage of oud, saz or Norwegian nose flute? I'd really like to know.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but I think after what I've listened to from you you owe me more of an insight than just "They're crap."