Music Banter - View Single Post - What You Wish Pop Sounded Like
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 02:34 AM   #27 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
No, a good song is a good song, I'm just sick of all the talentless R&B and EDM bull$hit that rules our top 40 world.
Well then it sounds like you should be more against the bull**** element than the process that was used to create it. There's a lot of horrible rock out there like Journey or Three Days Grace, and even though I prefer electronic artists like Actress or Oneohtrix Point Never, I'm not going to make an affront to acoustically based artists. I think that since there's such a diversity in songs/sounds, then there's infinitely more diversity in sampling since you can change the sound of the sample through several means like reverse effect, reverb, speed shift, flanger, phaser...the list is endless.

I find the whole anti-electronic vibe to be ignorant tbh. It doesn't give credit to the computer or processor as an instrument as it should be considered and that attitude takes away from the passion that electronic artists have when it comes to their music. What you can accomplish with electronics is massive, but if you've only heard lame techno or Skrillex, I can see why you'd think otherwise.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote