Music Banter - View Single Post - What You Wish Pop Sounded Like
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 02:57 AM   #28 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Well then it sounds like you should be more against the bull**** element than the process that was used to create it. There's a lot of horrible rock out there like Journey or Three Days Grace, and even though I prefer electronic artists like Actress or Oneohtrix Point Never, I'm not going to make an affront to acoustically based artists. I think that since there's such a diversity in songs/sounds, then there's infinitely more diversity in sampling since you can change the sound of the sample through several means like reverse effect, reverb, speed shift, flanger, phaser...the list is endless.

I find the whole anti-electronic vibe to be ignorant tbh. It doesn't give credit to the computer or processor as an instrument as it should be considered and that attitude takes away from the passion that electronic artists have when it comes to their music. What you can accomplish with electronics is massive, but if you've only heard lame techno or Skrillex, I can see why you'd think otherwise.
That was rather long rant lol,

Since all I did throughout a large part of the 90's was listen to electronic music, it would be wrong to label me anti electronic.

Nevertheless, if your going to make electronic music learn to play the keyboard, or at least how to compose arrangements, as opposed to just twiddling with knobs and matching a beat.

So many Electronic dance songs do not have choruses or bridges because there just sampling someone else's creativity, which is why most pop artists suck these days. Just imagine how good Rihanna and Kesha would be if they had just a quarter of the musical talent that Annie Lennox has.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote