Music Banter - View Single Post - What am I missing about this album?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 10:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post

The White Album
  • I'm not really sure why out of all the Beatles albums, this one is considered "the classic". I've found more enjyoment out of Sgt. Pepper than I did with this one.
  • I feel like this being a double album really took away from my enjoyment. Way too long of an album for a comfortable listen.

If anyone feels like they can enlighten me with why this album is "so good", i'd love to know. I've actually talked about this before in one of my journals about albums that I don't really find that great, so i'm glad I can bring it up again.
It definitely has some duds (well, filler might be an appropriate word), but it has some of The Beatles' best tracks on it like Happiness Is a Warm Gun, Revolution, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Back In The U.S.S.R., Blackbird, and Helter Skelter. I would probably put Revolver, Abbey Road, Magical Mystery Tour, and Sgt. Pepper's above it as "the classic", since a lot of it plays like a collection of b-sides. I even find a lot of the tracks like Rocky Raccoon that someone can see as filler to be pretty entertaining though.

IMO, great Beatles album, but I would never call it THE Beatles album. As phenomenal as some of the tracks are, there are too many low points in comparison to their other albums.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote