Music Banter - View Single Post - What am I missing about this album?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 11:01 PM   #29 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
It definitely has some duds (well, filler might be an appropriate word), but it has some of The Beatles' best tracks on it like Happiness Is a Warm Gun, Revolution, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Back In The U.S.S.R., Blackbird, and Helter Skelter. I would probably put Revolver, Abbey Road, Magical Mystery Tour, and Sgt. Pepper's above it as "the classic", since a lot of it plays like a collection of b-sides. I even find a lot of the tracks like Rocky Raccoon that someone can see as filler to be pretty entertaining though.

IMO, great Beatles album, but I would never call it THE Beatles album. As phenomenal as some of the tracks are, there are too many low points in comparison to their other albums.
That certainly makes sense. I don't doubt that there are a handful of classics on the album. I'm more into albums that have a large collection of great songs, sort of how Sgt Pepper is for me. That album has 99% good songs on it, take away maybe 1 or 2. It makes sense that the filler would take away the appeal for me. Since I basically feel the same way about Floyd's The Wall. Again, some great songs on it, but as a whole, not that great.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote