Music Banter - View Single Post - Whaddya want?!
Thread: Whaddya want?!
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 11:20 PM   #127 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicLePanther View Post
I figure I may as well update this while I have the time.

Album: Collection Era Vol. 1
Artist: Merzbow
Genre: Noise
Suggested by: grindy
Familiarity: Yes, I've heard the first three. Haven't heard anything else.

1. Electric Environment - This is a bit more abrasive than his other stuff. It's getting interesting. Oh, and I actually do like it. It's half pretty cool, and half really annoying it seems. Alright then. Get rid of the high-pitched droning and it would be good though.

2. Untitled Material Action - This one is like the first, except minus the annoying parts. It's not bad.

3. Telecom Manipulation - Like the last, but better put together. I like the fact that he's using more instrumentation.

Overall, this album isn't that bad. Using the method of putting it on in the background while I do other things works perfectly with this album. Also, the evolution of his sound is getting increasingly better over time. The first track's droning was a bit annoying, but it was mostly gone by the second, and totally gone by the last. As long as you're willing to sacrifice rhythm and even atmosphere, you can definitely enjoy this album.
OVERALL RATING: 8/10

By the way, @ grindy. Feel free to post anything else you want while I'm in the middle of the Merzbox. I'm making a conscious decision to do these on my own.
I'm beginning to feel less sorry for recommending the Merzbox.
Your reviews are cool and actually make me want to listen to it.
Maybe I should even buy the Merzbox...just to feel all special and hipsterish.

Next recommendation then: Zehnder Kraah Trio - Live Im Roxy

I'm pretty sure you won't find it anywhere, so I'll send you a link when I'm back home.