Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 09:59 AM   #1183 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Title: Golem
Artiste: Wand
Genre: Dunno
Familiarity: Zero

Track 1 I'm a bit taken aback, as I think this replaces a pop album Goof had recd me, but it sounds almost more indie rock or even metal; very heavy and powerful.
Track 2(Hate) and this is almost punk! Vocal is a little drowned out by the guitars.
Track 3 Darker, more restrained, almost new wave. It's better than the previous one anyway.
Track 4(Love) Oh this one is excellent! First time I've really actually liked something on the album, and no surprise that it's a ballad. Also I can hear the vocal much more clearly. Some violins or something there, though I know that guitar melody. What is it? Beatles? Floyd? Arrrgghh!
Track 5(Hate) And we're back to mediocre, fast punk tempo with vocals that are barely intelligible.
Track 6(Hate) Nah, don't like this either. Not at all. Oh, and the ending is doubly awful.
Track 7(Hate) Goof, what are ye doing to me???? Guitar tone is nice but still, a long way from Love
Track 8(Hate) Ok, now they're doing Doom Metal or something. Still not interested.
Track 9(Hate) No, last track couldn't save it.

End result: Big, big, BIG disappointment. Perhaps wrongly, I had assumed this would be a pop album replaced by a pop album, so that threw me. I also expected it to be good, considering the source. But I saw virtually nothing in it. Sorry man: guess even the best of us misfire once in a while.

So, Love or Hate? Goofle's first actual Hate, I'm afraid

Chances of a full review: 0/10