Music Banter - View Single Post - Goofle's recommendation corner
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 02:14 PM   #45 (permalink)
YorkeDaddy
silky smooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post

Lush - Split (1994)
1. Light From a Dead Star: Absolutely love the dissonant string intro that leads into what almost kinda sounds like the Michael Myers theme LOL. Kind of a rollercoaster of emotions in the first 30 seconds. Pretty damn cool once the vocals and drum beat come in.

2. Kiss Chase: Sounding more like Slowdive now. Just a really cool, poppy jam here. I dig it a lot.

3. Blackout: Kind of has a faster punky vibe to it, pretty sweet. No complaints so far about any of the tracks.

4. Hypocrite: The bass line that opens this track reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it. At first I thought Wave of Mutilation by Pixies but that wasn't quite it. Meh, oh well. Either way, another solid song. Really nice hook in the chorus. These are pretty fast-paced songs for a Shoegaze band but I'm not really complaining.

5. Lovelife: Some nice harmonies here, this track kind of reminds me of Cocteau Twins. Yep, I've liked 5/5 so far

6. Desire Lines: This is a much longer song than the rest so far. It's a much slower, more standard shoegazey jam that I can definitely dig.

7. The Invisible Man: Really short one here. Kind of flew by, and it wasn't particularly memorable.

8. Undertow: Love the start of this. Yeah this is a great shoegazey jam. Not really any other way to describe it haha

9. Never-Never: This one's solid but a little overlong.

10. Lit Up: Another good one

11. Starlust: Another good one

12. When I Die: Aaaand a decent ending but not as good as the rest of the tracks imo

Overall I really enjoyed the whole thing, definitely a Love or however you wanna classify these. Well done Goof

9-Time Winner of MusicBanter's "Most Qualified to be a Moderator" Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
On this one your voice is kind of weird but really intense and awesome
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote