Music Banter - View Single Post - What You Wish Pop Sounded Like
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 08:16 PM   #74 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
So you like metal better, then?

Nope. She definitely ain't ugly, but she's still not hot enough to make me obsess over her like I've been doing the last couple days. Her music is just so much fun. You remember fun, right?
Of course I remember fun, that's why I like punk over metal

No, I don't really like one genre over another, but I do like top 40 metal (Bon Jovi/Def Leppard) better than pop punk (Green Day/Blink 182), because the former is better composed. Although the latter makes some good catchy songs, I'd prefer to go with Dead or Alive and Foolin.

I'd make the same argument with the Eurythmics, Ke$ha's singles are okay, but I just find them really disposable after a couple of listens. Here Comes the Rain, Sweet Dreams, Who's that Girl are classic songs.

The point I'm trying to make is that songs from say Michael Jackson's Thriller or Pink Floyd's The Wall, are intergenerational. They are classics often regarded by critics as being some of the best composed "radio" songs of western civilization. People want to play them over and over again throughout there lifetime.

So much of modern pop music today seems disposable, you listen to it a couple of times and your like meh, its like we've entered into an artistic decline.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote