Music Banter - View Single Post - whats your amp
Thread: whats your amp
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 01:29 PM   #30 (permalink)
David Frost
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe
ooh oohh....

my next paycheck is going to be like 400 dollars....at that to the 100 that i already have, plus whatever money i get for christmas..

i think im going to buy myself a new one. a randall half stack. pretty sweet, and its cheap too.

DONT DO IT. why? because it is cheap. you said it yourself. **** gear. marshall doesnt own randall anymore, carvin does. carvin sucks. if you are talking about the 200w head halfstack, the cabinet isnt rated for the head and it will blow if you play it at a loud volume (like it is intended). i bought the same package a few years back when it was still by randall and the cabinet **** out on me 3 times in a row! i finally restocked it with speakers that could handle it and it works fine now. but that cost me alot of money in shipping 3 times just to restock it. the head is pretty badass, but the carvin reissue they sell now is not as high quality. the footswitch cables are a lower grade, along with the wiring, making it alot buzzier than the old one, and the head distoriton on the carvin randall is just ****. save up one more paycheck and get a badass halfstack that will last you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
And to think that just because you are a citizen you deserve certain rights is ridiculous.
David Frost is offline   Reply With Quote