Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 08:33 AM   #7757 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Playing the first Walking Dead game and have to say that the reviews were correct, this is an amazing experience.

The depth of the story, the characters, the locations are all superb but best of all the decisions that you have to make are some of the toughest I've ever faced in a videogame. The events of the game start slightly earlier than the comic and the TV series, in fact some of the characters from those feature here briefly.

Anybody not familiar with the game, needs to know that this is a not a normal survival horror game but a point and click adventure style survival horror and strangely enough this adds a different dimension and challenge to the whole thing and is tense and creepy in its one way. Largely because a number of the decisions that you have to make are timed and really do make a difference in what you chose.

The game is split into 6 episodes each around 2 hours each, the first episode is the weakest one as it's kind of bitty but from episode 2 the story goes into hyperdrive and is certainly superior storywise than the TV series and is gripping as there are so many twists and turns.

My version of the game has a big problem and that is game lag which will stop some people playing it, it's a problem I found out after buying the game that affects the disk version of the game whether it be 360, play or PC, apparently though there is not problem if gotten via download. The lag mostly occurs in the action scenes and is terrible at times and initially can ruin the game, but if you can overcome this and focus on the story it becomes a minor issue in the end and something that you just end up dealing with. The internet is full of complaints where people have gotten the disk version of the game.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote