Music Banter - View Single Post - *** The Themed Weekly Member Mixtape Thread Is Back ***
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 09:48 AM   #431 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Thanks for that.
I'd like to make the following proposal, to ensure, hopefully, that this doesn't fall flat on its face after a few weeks. I know there may be some initial enthusiasm but that generally tends to melt away by the second or third week and we're back at square one.

So I would ask for a general list of members who believe they can contribute to this on an ongoing basis. I'm not asking for a lifetime commitment, but anyone who believes they can take part more or less each week if they could just let me know. In fact, I'll do another signup sheet. This will mean that anyone who hasn't submitted a track any particular week can be contacted by me to remind them. I don't wish to get heavy with this, but if the previous attempts have taught up anything it's that a bit of a push is definitely often necessary.

You needn't worry; a signup sheet does not mean you take a turn sorting out and collating the tracks. I'll do that each week. It's just a general indication of your interest and your determination to help this thread succeed. Again.

I'm not doing themes (at least, to start off with) as I believe they have been the downfall of previous incarnations of this thread: people tend to use the excuse "Oh I can't think of a song to fit the theme" and then don't contribute at all. So leaving it loose like this I think will hopefully give us a better chance of success. If it takes off, and people want themes, and can commit to them, then we'll see.

So for now, if
a) you can be relied upon to submit one track per week to the tape
b) you can agree to listen to the whole tape each week and
c) you agree to thrown down some general comments once you have listened to it, then please sign up below.

Thanks

SIGNUP SHEET

Trollheart
Overcast

Last edited by Trollheart; 07-05-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote