Music Banter - View Single Post - The Madhatter and The Knucklehead : Exo's Musings
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 09:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Yeah, I saw the thread about this topic. I decided to do it here though so I have some content in this graveyard. Without further ado...

Exo's Best Albums of 2015 So Far : With bite size descriptions...

(These aren't ranked. I hate ranking things. These are just my favorites. Special ones will be notated.)

Creepoid - Cemetray Highrise Slum

If you were to ask me what my favorite band is right now, it would be Creepoid. I literally can not stop listening to them. They're the lead dog on this 90's shoegaze revival thing going on right now yet still stand out from the rest of these bands by far. This album is the third for the band and probably their most accessible. I love their sound. It's the sound that would ooze from my pours if music was able to breach biology like that.

Mount Eerie - Sauna

I've always liked The Microphones but this was my first venture into Mount Eerie. I still haven't given his other albums a good listen because I've been too busy listening to this. It's wonderful to sleep to due to the fact that it starts out slow and ominous before hitting some serious noise levels midway. I''m a light sleeper but taught myself to stay asleep no matter what I'm listening too. The album gives me cool dreams.

Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit

Has that classic "rock and roll" sound with hilarious and clever lyrics and a very diverse collection of songs. I love the different styles she goes through. I love her voice. I love everything about this album.

L'Orange & Jeremiah Jae - - The Night Took Us in Like Family

Easily my favorite hip hop discovery of the last year and without a doubt my favorite hip hop producer in general. I love the samples. I love the flow of his albums. I love how he spaces out his lyrical tracks with his beat instrumentation. I love that he's putting out albums what seems like every six months now. Smooth as hell.

Earl Sweatshirt - I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside

I'm not huge on Odd Future but everything Earl Sweatshirt does is gold. Hip hop is weird to me. I need have some serious chill drak beats when I listen to hip hop and this album is chock full of em. My favorite straight hip hop album of the year so far.

Meat Wave - Brother

I loved this kind of stuff in High School. I kind of shy-ed away from it once my taste started to evolve. This brought me back. Album opens with a bang and doesn't let up. Very short album. Hell, it's really an EP. But f*ck it, it's still amazing.

Dirty Dishes - Guilty

My taste just seems to really be leaning towards fuzzier, dirtier, louder post punk lo-fi sh*t recently. This is a lesser known album but it's grown on me so much recently I had to include it with the big guns.

Honorable Mentions

Twit One - The Sit-In
Vallis Alps - Vallis Alps
Wolf Alice - My Love is Cool
BADBADNOTGOOD & Ghostface Killah - Sour Soul
Ghostpoet - Shedding Skin
Zu - Cortar Todo
Billy Woods - Today, I Wrote Nothing
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Asunder, Sweet and Other Distress
Lower Dens - Escape from Evil
Toro y Moi - What For?
Other Lives - Rituals