Music Banter - View Single Post - pc issue of the day pt. 4:33 isn't music
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 01:06 PM   #41 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
So now you're telling me that painting is a joke? As Batty in his guise of Droltab the Repugnant said in YorkeDaddy's journal, do you even listen to yourself sometimes?
I understood what he was saying. He was using visual art as a metaphor for how 4'33 was music. It wasn't that complicated.

And JWB does bring up a good point. If you had no idea what 4'33 was, and just stumbled upon a recording of it, with no orchestra to observe, you would never understand that it was supposed to be music and not just a blank tape. If you have to be told that it's music...

It's performance art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
It was actually really fun for long time and then we had the naysayers come in and ruin the fun. Oh well.
So, the people with the different opinions, then. Gotcha. Cause that's what art is all about. Agreement.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote