Music Banter - View Single Post - Mega Angst: My Odyssey (Screw This, I'm Leavin)
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 05:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Just noticed this. If you make it down to San Marcos I have a couch you can crash on.
I'm pretty much going East.

Well I stopped in Reno to tell everyone the plan and have been here the last week, but the quest is on the real tomorrow. I can still hook it up with my entry for the time I've been here.

June 27

I left around eleven. I've made an executive decision that I just wanna do this for a little bit. I was about to be evicted, but everything's been brewing for a long time, I really couldn't handle it too much more. After leaving the trailer I walked to the library and spent about two hours there. After that, I walked out to see if I could get picked up. It was hot, brutal. I ripped the straps of the bag I had by hoisting it over my shoulders so much. My fault for carrying so much, not even three hours and I'm already breaking rule number one: travel light. While in Reno I'd be getting a genuine pack to carry around, so I'm not worried about the bag, just was using it to hold stuff until I got there. I'd also get some other stuff, sleeping bag, etc.

I'd been walking for a good while before stopping for a moment. I was still holding out my sign, and a young looking dude stopped and asked where I was going, and wished me luck. He went into the liquor store nearby and walked past again with a case of beer and a bottle of whiskey. He offered me a beer and stayed for a second asking why I was going to Reno (that's all the sign says). Then he offered some whiskey before leaving, I took a deep chug and thanked him. I still kind of hate drinking and wanted to stop but I guess I still will when it's around. This guy was nice, he had a really genuine sounding voice. So I walked more and more. I'd been sauntering around for six hours before getting picked up at seven. These guys were real neat too. They were going all the way from here to reno so that was convenient. They had offered me some beer too, sharing is caring they said. I got dropped off at a friend's apartment complex, although we spend most of the time in their storage garage.

I'd been quiet most of the time hanging out today. It's getting dark, I'm sitting on the pavement looking at the bright moon. Two of my friends are out buying drugs and the other is passed out on the hard concrete floor. Next time I get on a computer, I definitely need to shoot my mom an email. They would be worried for sure, and that's all that really gets to me. If they want me to come back, then I just would say no, but I definitely don't want to think that they're worried. I've done this kind of thing before but I'm much more driven this time around, so we'll see what happens.

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote