Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 11:03 PM   #193 (permalink)
Key

My current video game addiction:

I picked up Nuclear Throne perhaps a week ago now and it's been the only thing on my mind when it comes to video games. I get into these weird "addiction" type deals where when I play a game so much that I almost tire myself out and get burned out really fast, but then I come back to it weeks later and realize why I put so much time into it. From when I started to now, I've noticed an incredible increase in the skill in myself that it takes to play these type of games. If you've ever played Nuclear Throne, you'd understand that the game only gets harder once you get past the first floor, but man it really does get satisfying once you start to see all the cool weapon combinations and things like that. There's really a lot going on that I hadn't noticed before, like once you get to the further levels, they start to add certain elements to weapons that you've already gotten used to, but making them different at the same time. Say you want to use a shotgun as your primary weapon, so you pick one up, you get used to the way it shoots, and you love it. Well, go down a few floors and you may run into something called a lightning shotgun. It's basically a shotgun that shoots out "force lightning" bolts as opposed to the bullets or shells, and it's just badass. It helps out a lot when you're in a huge group of enemies and the last thing on your mind is inflicting damage on yourself, yes that is a thing, they have grenade launchers and rocket launchers, what do you expect? Anyway, i've certainly seen myself get better at playing, and i've even been watching all of Northernlion's videos on them, because he does a 'daily' Nuclear Throne run and him being one of my favorite Youtubers, he makes them very entertaining and interesting, and I do actually learn a lot from watching him play. I wouldn't say I play in the style as other people do just to be good, but it's always interesting to see how other people do in certain situations especially in a rogue like game.

All in all, even though this game is early access, it's a great game and has really caught me by surprise at how good it actually is. The developers do actively update it and I'm more than excited to see what the final product will look like.