Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 01:44 PM   #1281 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
^I'm thinking he's gonna give it some love.
I was going to say I agreed earlier, but I didn't want to spoil this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post

Title: Symbolic
Artiste: Death
Genre: Heavy Metal
Familiarity: I've heard Human

Track 1(Love) Good powerful start, goes a little off when the vox come in but they're not the worst. Drummer going wild here. At least it's not boring me. Some quality shredding going on here. Hmm. Fades out on a heavy chugging guitar. Interesting.
Track 2(Love) This is good too. Mostly slower, grindier, but it does kick up on a fast guitar about halfway
Track 3(Love) Now we're getting reflective/introspective guitar? Doesn't last of course, and we're off on another rocket ride. Nice guitar work here. Another one that fades.
Track 4(Love) Sort of a progressive metal opening
Track 5 Yeah, not mad about this one.
Track 6(Love) This one is good though; good sort of swaying rhythm to some of it
Track 7(Love) This one really rocks along; nice kind of echoey guitar. Great hammering percussion. Is that a bit of classical guitar, right at the end??
Track 8(Love) Nice sort of eastern feel to this
Track 9(Love) This one goes through some changes; versatile. I like it. Excellent guitar outro, unexpected.

End result: It might just be that, as I said, I was so bored and numb after suffering through Portishead that I would have welcomed any metal or even hard rock, just something to shake things up. But whatever, I really enjoyed this. Put me with it in another situation, I couldn't say for certain I would still like it, but at the moment it's just what the metal doctor ordered.

So, Love or Hate? On the basis of the above, this is a Love. Hey! I'm a poet and was not aware of that fact!

Chances of a full review: 2/10
I knew you could do it, Trollheart.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote