Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 05:18 PM   #1287 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Title: The Monitor
Artiste: Titus Andronicus
Genre: Punk (thanks man!)
Familiarity: Zero
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monitor_(album)

Track 1(Love) Starts off with Lincoln's address and then kicks into a high-energy riff that I have to admit is pretty infectious, even nodding back to Springsteen's classic. Slows down about halfway with a very celtic guitar riff, almost a reel, picks up again then near the end. Yeah, pretty damn good I must say.
Track 2(Love) Kind of like a carryover from the opener. Like this.
Track 3(Love) Yeah, really like this one too.
Track 4(Love) Sort of a mixture of punk, Country and Irish trad!
Track 5(Love) Hmm. Previous track flows right into this one on a humming guitar. Slow, laidback start then turning powerful and punchy, though still slow. Like this a lot. But then, so far I've pretty much loved everything here. Picking up in speed now, still pretty damn good. Great piano. And cello?
Track 6(Love) Another one that starts off slow, with nice guitar and synth
Track 7(Love) Great fiddle on this; love the energy. A real bitter drinking song.
Track 8(Love) Like a Country ballad; piano is great, so is the female vocal. Fantastic song, wonderful instrumental passage.
Track 9(Love) Reprise really of the second track. Still great. Love the sax.
Track 10(Love) Just a great closer; love how he gets angrier as it goes on. Fourteen minutes of this should be hard to pull off. It's not. Hell, even the hated bagpipes can't ruin it for me!

End result: Another surprise. I didn't know what to expect, but I didn't expect this. Props to jtf!

So, Love or Hate? Has to be a Love.

Chances of a full review: 6/10