Music Banter - View Single Post - Who Is More Hipster? Exo or Frownland?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 09:42 AM   #181 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervish76 View Post
I do believe posting in this thread has insured that I am in fact part of this discussion. A more pressing question is why so aggressive?
They're not being aggressive. If they were, trust me, you would know. This is an ordinary day on Music Banter, even a quiet one.
Quote:
Is the label truly so repugnant that you had to write an entire essay about why it does not suit you? An honest question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
I'm not saying it doesn't suit me. I'm saying it doesn't make sense. Whether I like it or not, society has pretty much become obsessed with labeling people that, hence this thread. I don't give a sh*t people call me a hipster. Hell, I have some hipster qualities. I just don't understand why these qualities are connected with the term now. It seems like everything is hipster presently. Pretty soon, going to the gym is going to be hipster.

Also, if you felt I wrote an essay about it, you should read more. That wasn't an endurance test.
Especially his treatise on The Shining
Quote:
hyperbole
[hahy-pur-buh-lee]
noun, Rhetoric
obvious and intentional exaggeration.
an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”.
That would have worked better had you defined "Essay". I'm not sure what point you describing rhetoric serves...
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
do you really think that the people around you have no affect on you whatsoever?

and before anyone comes in with the typical, boring, "thats a strawman" type response

nah it's not

cause to say hey i just happen to dress the same way many other people my age dress without having derived any influence from the rest of those people = the same as saying you live in a bubble, on an island, unaffected by any other humans whatsoever
Hey **** off! This is MY island! You can't set up shop here! And watch out for my bubble --- OH YOU BASTARD!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Doesn't asking the question in the first place make Vanilla the most hipster by default?
Well she does have the sexiest hips

Quote:
jeez louise... cant even call somebody a jew anymore without the lamestream media throwing a fit
I thought you knew that jews controlled the media??
Quote:
i like the new guy tbh... he's got moxie
I hope he lets her go then! (Dad Joke # 11,245)