Music Banter - View Single Post - Yeah Machine is my name, and hopping on bandwagons is my game!
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 11:14 AM   #118 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
Allo Die & Lorenzo Montana - Holographic Codex

Never heard of this before, and I trust Frown to give me something I'll probably like, so this should be fun.

Track 1: Muns De Etrah (6:55)
Starting off very ambient, the synths are beautiful. The beat to it has a very click like sound almost like a skip of a record.
This is weird because some of the sounds are creating this drone in the back that keeps washing over.

Track 2: Hydra E Vers (5:15)
Didn't even realize a new track had started. The piano sounds incredibly spacious. The pitched down vocals are pretty eerie. Love this.

Track 3: Akvil (9:35)
I'm liking the fact that every track sort of flows together nicely, but each track brings some variety too. Just changed up to a really creepy piano with some more droning synths. Almost dark ambient now.
Man this is beautiful.

Track 4: Silent Rumon (15:15)
At this point I'm just sitting by myself listening to this. I can't even write anything because I can't really explain why it's mellowing me our so much. Honestly if you're reading this review go listen to this now. Man that looping guitar in back almost acts as the rhythm to this piece it's so weird, but it's hypnotizing as ****.

Track 5: Egetora (5:24)
I'm not even sure what instruments are being used to create the sounds anymore, could be a synth, could be a guitar, could be sample, I've no clue. This is probably the most open ended song so far, it's cavernous sounding.

Track 6: Cinta Della Breccia Divina (15:13)
Chirping birds are the best when it comes to ambience. Some kind of noise (maybe loud gusts of wind) is coming the through the sparking drone synths, kinda disorientating. So damn calming. Now it's ending with some cricket noises, full curcle.

Track 7: Eternal Wisdom (6:11)
This sounds like some faded, warped, sample of a song. I absolutely love hazy music like this. It jeeps getting more and more degraded, almost like a Disintegration Tapes type thing.

Final Verdict: Wow I wasn't really expecting a drone and ambient album out of this, but that's what I got, and a really good one too. The thing about this album is its extremely repetitive and hazy, but in such a layered way that keeps it interesting for sometimes 15 minutes at a time. My only real problems with this is a majority of the songs relied on some of the same sounds which I wish they would have changed up a bit, and the second to last song was about a minute too long. Besides that I absolutely loved this album, and is one I'll definately be going back to a lot.
8.5/10
Nice.
Sounds like something I might totally enjoy.