Music Banter - View Single Post - Whaddya want?!
Thread: Whaddya want?!
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 01:00 PM   #166 (permalink)
mythsofmetal
Music Addict

That's good that your experience of it turned out well. I figured that you would like it more than the first album I recommended, but wasn't sure by how much. It's great to see it getting a 10/10 though, and I wasn't quite expecting it to get that but I can't complain because that's even better.

That album really does have a good amount of variety, but it importantly also comes together quite well as a whole, and is one of those concept albums where I actually see the value in listening to it from start to finish. It's certainly a favourite of mine, and the vocalist is one of my favourites in general, but may be my favourite female vocalist. Also, if you didn't know, plenty of those harsh vocal screams and growls are performed by her. I can tell that the ones in Chrysalis, and The Great Vortex of Kaltaz (which is my favourite from the album) are done by her. The ones in that bonus track I'm unsure about, and some spoken vocals like the ones at the end of "The Bottle of Lie" I just can't imagine are hers for fairly obvious reasons, but I think she does pretty much all the rest of the vocals except in maybe a couple other places I'm forgetting about. Their official youtube channel (which is just their band name) uploaded some live videos of performances of songs from their two albums if you're interested to see her performing her singing at some point.

Also, here's my new rec. AEnigma by In Vain. Ænigma | In Vain
mythsofmetal is offline   Reply With Quote