Music Banter - View Single Post - curious how many peep's feel like you are the only one
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 10:35 AM   #33 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'd also add that your somewhat close-minded view of people's music tastes here is not endearing you to anyone. You need to be a bit more accepting of other members' tastes. And, why did you make two threads about the very same subject? That's not gonna help your case either, nor make you popular with the mods.

As an example of changing or trying to change your musical horizons, look into any of the spate of "rec me albums" threads springing up on the main music page, including my own, "Love or Hate?", to see how a person's preconceptions can be challenged.

Or, just keep whining and be left with no friends. It's up to you. Be the change.
This is coming from a person who professes to be a Progger but hates the band ELP, and the album ABACAB by Genesis. He hates Jazz of all things. Prog without Jazz influence is like House or Acid without a TB 303. He tells dad jokes all the time, but can't detect Frownlandhumour and doesn't like the movie Office Space. He also kicked me out of the Prog album review club. But all is forgiven. He does give good advice... even though he doesn't seem to follow it. imo

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote